It is not that easy in my case because I am cross compiling the agent for
an embedded target system. Also, the whole package is being compiled from
within Yocto (bitbake).

So I ran ./configure --with-mib-modules " file1 file2"

I noticed this created couple of Makefiles.

Then I ran
     bitbake net-snmp
which compiled the agent. I hoped that my modules would be integrated but
when I burn the image on the target embedded system,
snmpd is running but somehow my modules aren't being called so a get on my
mib is not returning the expected value.