On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 1:19 AM Pushpa Thimmaiah <pushpa.thimma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have understood that option 'clientAddr'  to provide source-IP address
> for outgoing traps.  There is no option to provide source-interface to send
> traps.
> Kindly let me know reason for this restriction.

The source IP address is all that the UNIX socket interface allows net-snmp
to control.  (There's an exception for the case that the trap receiver is
directly connected on the given interface, but when that is true, it almost
always works the way you want anyway.)

Eg: I have one physical interface 'eth1' and vlans 'eth1.101', 'eth1.102'.
> Traps sent out via eth1 by default . How can configure 'snmptrap' tool to
> use eth1.101 to send traps.

Configure your routing table so that packets towards the trap destination
go out eth1.101.

  Bill