Thanks for the input Wes.

I'll check it out how the v3 proxy may help in my case.

Or can we consider the security aspects of SNMPv3 and proceed without any
source address filtering whereas we can have the same filter for SNMPv1 and
SNMPv2c only? In this case, I can make sure the User credentials should be
strong one.

FYI, my agent will support any one version at a time.