On 1/22/19 12:40 PM, Bill Fenner wrote:
On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 1:26 AM Bart Van Assche <bvanass...@acm.org <mailto:bvanass...@acm.org>> wrote:

    On 11/6/18 8:03 AM, Bill Fenner wrote:
     > Given your proposed code structure, I imagine that we could add
    network
     > namespaces to netsnmp_ep too - this basically ends up using
    "socketat(
     > /* magic */, family, type, protocol )" instead of socket() to
    create the
     > socket, and the magic can be derived from what we store in ep.

    That sounds like a good idea to me.

I've finally done this, and would like to request some eyes on it before I push it to 5-8-patches.

https://github.com/fenner/net-snmp/compare/V5-8-patches...fenner:linux-namespace

Hi Bill,

The following new code in netsnmp_parse_ep_str() looks a bit fragile to me:

            cp = strchr(iface, '@');
            if (!cp)
                cp = strchr(iface, ':');

Wouldn't it be better to backtrack to the previous value of 'cp' if no second '@' sign is found? That will avoid that this code fails if support for a new delimiter between '@' and ':' would be added.

The following code looks unusual to me:

#ifdef HAVE_SETNS
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <sched.h>
#include <net-snmp/library/snmp_assert.h>
#endif

I'm not aware of any other Net-SNMP code that guards include directives with the result of a test for a system call.

Otherwise the code looks fine to me. But please keep in mind that I only had a quick look at it.

Bart.