On 8/26/19 12:59 PM, Bill Fenner wrote:
> Just as a personal preference, I like to use "awk" instead of grep|... -
> "awk '/NSF_WW/ {print $1}' $tmpf" gives the same result and doesn't care
> about the presence or absence of the semicolon - but, I don't know about
> Windows: if grep and sed are available, is awk?

Hi Bill,

The number of platforms supported by Net-SNMP is large. Each of these
platforms comes with its own version of grep, sed and awk. Cygwin, MinGW
and MinGW64 include GNU versions of grep, sed and awk so these platforms
are not my biggest worry. I'm more worried about *BSD, Solaris and AIX.
So my preference here is to be conservative and keep the changes as
small as possible.

Thanks,

Bart.