Hello !

I use the SNMP client on a small embedded system to generate a summary message for around 150 SNMP-Server nodes (only SNMPv1/v2). This works flawlessly and only requires one thread through the traditional API.

Now I should also support snmpv3. That works too, but...

If an SNMPv3 node is missing, the function is blocked. This is because of the generation of the SNMP Engine ID (that's also clear to me so far). I should realize the query interval under 1 ... 2 minutes.

Does anyone have an idea which way to go?
I currently have two ideas for a solution, but I don't like either.

- Switch to the snmp_sess_ API, but only have resources for 3..4 threads. I will need management for available servers and unavailable servers, so that the poll interval is not too long.

- Install an additional state in the library and expire the session id via the select loop without blocking. But I expect some problems in details. (I only see the resources :)

Any suggestion are welcome!

Harald