> I wanted to use mib2c and saw that installing of perl module is
> necessary .
> I am using ucd-snmp-4.2.2 ( though wanted to use ucd-snmp-4.2.1 could
> not find it for download ) .

Both of these releases are fairly old now.
The most recent version of the 4.2.x line is 4.2.6

If you're not in a position to switch to the net-snmp v5 releases,
then we'd strongly recommend that you try using 4.2.6.
There's been a significant amount of work done since 4.2.2,
including addressing the POD problem.
  Things ought to work better with 4.2.6

Dave
PS: Please - no HTML mail.  Thanks