On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:42:25 -0600 Carlos wrote:
CC> > CC> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
CC> > CC> [Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 13779)]
CC> > CC> __pthread_mutex_lock (mutex=0x410) at mutex.c:99
CC> > CC> 99      mutex.c: No such file or directory.
CC> > CC>         in mutex.c
CC> > CC> Current language:  auto; currently c
CC> > CC> (gdb) where
CC> > CC> #0  __pthread_mutex_lock (mutex=0x410) at mutex.c:99
CC> >
CC> > Using threads in the agent is unsupported.
CC>
CC> This code is working on Intel platforms.   This error is on
CC> PowerPC architecture.

Architecture shouldn't make a difference in the net-snmp code. My development
machine is Yellowdog Linux, running on a PPC G4 laptop.

CC>  But it's the same underlying code so
CC> I guess I don't understand how we're dying all of a sudden.
CC> Unless PowerPC is inherently thread-based and the identical
CC> system call to start snmpd is kicked-off as a thread, where
CC> on Intel it's a process.

I don't think so. Are you saying that an unmodified net-snmp snmpd has this
problem? What PowerPC platform are you on? Which OS?

--
Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie <http://www.net-snmp.org/>
<irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.