I've found read_config.c and read the comments there about callbacks and
read_config_store() and I've looked at how the net-snmp distribution deals with
snmpEnableAuthenTraps but I'm having trouble applying those concepts to my problem.

I'm implementing ifXTable and want to make the per-port setting
IF-MIB::ifLinkUpDownTrapEnable persistent.  I'd appreciate some pointers on what to
put into my mib2c generated access routines to accomplish this.  Thanks.