> > > This smells of library conflicts to me. Make sure you don't
> have a mix
> of
> > > snmp libraries installed in /usr/lib/*snmp* and/or
> /usr/local/lib/*snmp*. Also,
> > > try building with static libraries (configure --enable-static
> > > --disable-shared).
>
> > That's a good clue.  Thanks.  I'm out of the office Friday.
> Probably> won't be able to try this until Monday.
>
> Okay, but we'll remember that when it's time for promotions

Well, since my _promotion_ is on the line, I dragged myself into the office today. ;-)

I removed all traces of *snmp* from /usr/lib, rebuilt and reinstalled my client and
found the same results.  I pass a valid session->community into snmp_open() and it's
null at the first executable line of snmp_open().  Any other ideas?