Hi all,

I have problems using mib2c functionality of NET-SNMP.

I have got a directory in which
"NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB" is saved. Also it is in the
default search path for the MIBS. Now when I do

>>mib2c mib2c.int_watch.conf nstAgentModuleObject

following error occurs:
-------
you didn't give me a valid OID to start with at
/usr/local/bin/mib2c line 115
--------

I tried to look around but could'nt figure out the
reason. Earlier when I compiled and the installed the
"perl/" package for NET-SNMP:

"./configure & make" went fine but when I did "make
test" following error occured:

-------------
ok 8
ok 9
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/premil/net-snmp-5.0.9/perl/ASN'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/premil/net-snmp-5.0.9/perl/OID'
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-I../blib/lib"
"-I../blib/arch" test.pl
1..36
# Running under perl version 5.008005 for linux
# Current time local: Tue Feb 15 19:23:32 2005
# Current time GMT:   Wed Feb 16 00:23:32 2005
# Using Test.pm version 1.25
Can't load '../blib/arch/auto/SNMP/SNMP.so' for module
SNMP: ../blib/arch/auto/SNMP/SNMP.so: undefined
symbol: PerlIO_fprintf at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm
line 230.
 at ../blib/lib/NetSNMP/OID.pm line 19
Compilation failed in require at
../blib/lib/NetSNMP/OID.pm line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
../blib/lib/NetSNMP/OID.pm line 19.
Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test.pl line 10.
make[1]: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/premil/net-snmp-5.0.9/perl/OID'
make: *** [test] Error 2

and test failed. I still did a "make install" and it
went successfully (i.e it didn't complain).

can anyone please help me in how to get the mib2c
functionality get going ?????

Thank you very much in advance !

manik