On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:59:42 +0200 Radek wrote:
RV> On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 10:26 +0800, LIAO, GUANGDENG wrote:
RV> > Hi all,
RV> > When I run the command line : snmptable -v1 -c test localhost
RV> > ip.ipAddrTableon 64bit machine, the result is :Timeout: No response from
RV> > localhost. The snmpd is running and configuration file is ok.
RV> >
RV> > When I try to dig out it, I find the problem is caused in asn_build_int
RV> > which build the 32 bit integer into 64 bit long on 64 bit machine.
RV> > The error information in /var/log/snmp.log is : send response: Error
RV> > building ASN.1 representation (build int size 4: s/b 8).
RV>
RV> Latest version of Fedora net-snmp has the following patch which fixes
RV> this issue ...

I don't see how this patch would address this issue. Both before and after this
patch, the size of the var will be sizeof(long). As near as I can tell, what
this patch actually does is make sure that, if a value has the size of an int
and that value is supposed to be unsigned, the value is interpreted as
unsigned.

The real problem is that the old api uses snmp_set_var_value, not
snmp_set_var_value (which is where Radek's patch is), and snmp_set_var_value
doesn't do any validation on sizes. I'm looking into that and should have a
patch today or tomorrow...

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-users>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.