Hi I have used net-snmp 5.2.1.2 for my sub agent development.
I have used /examples/notification for trap generation.

I am able to generate trap to my destination .
But I unable to stop this trap.

I have used ./configure --with-mib-modules="/examples/notification"
make
make install
then ran /usr/local/sbin/snmpd
for generating trap.

I have tried to stop the trap by doing this method
./configure --with-out-mib-modules="/examples/notification"
make
make install
/usr/local/sbin/snmpd

as long as snmpd is running the trap is contineously generated.
when you stop snmpd only then trap is stopped.

Is there any way to solve this problem

Regards
Surjit
HP-GDIC OSS Team...