Peter> my $snmp_handle = new SNMP::Session(
Peter> DestHost =>
Peter> $device_info->{'ip_address'},
Peter> Community =>
Peter> $device_info->{'passwords'}->{$community_string_type'},
Peter> Version =>
Peter> $device_info->{'snmp_version'}
Peter> );
Peter> Everything else works fine.

Peter> Am I doing something wrong, or is SNMP.pm not suitable for
Peter> calling under embedded perl?

You probably can do what you're trying to do, but the problem may be
that you need to do a copy of the data rather than send it directly
from the above hash...

You might try:

  $addr = "$device_info->{'ip_address'}";
  $comm = "$device_info->{'passwords'}->{$community_string_type'}";
  $ver =  "$device_info->{'snmp_version'}";

  DestHost => $addr,
  Community => $comm,
  Version => $ver

I don't know that's your problem, as I can't see all the code (and it
may not help if I could), but the above might work.
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.