From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:01 PM
To: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: SNMPD hangs after awhile

Thanks Suresh.

I ran strace and for some reason, it cleaned out the queue...
I'm not exactly sure why snmpd gets stuck. When I keep strace open and I send a snmpwalk to the host and it starts to hang again. I see alot of functions being called, but the only somewhat error-like notification I can find is this one:
open("/etc/hosts.allow", O_RDONLY)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/etc/hosts.deny", O_RDONLY)       = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
Which is correct, cause they don't exist. Could snmpd really crash because of this???

-Jeffrey

Jeffrey Lensen
hyves:     http://skyler.hyves.nl
mail/msn:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pamidipati Suresh-G20238 wrote:
Hi,

I don't the reason for this behavior..
But, on mvl-ppc, we also observed that snmpd hangs sometimes. When we checked the strace of SNMPD at that point of time, it was stuck in the SYS_265() system call. Can you please check with strace when snmpd hangs.

Thanks,
Suresh.