Hi,

I am frustrated with enabling Ipv6 support on Solaris 9.

The software versions I am using are as follows
1) Net-SNMP 5.1.3.1
2) GCC 3.3
3) Solaris 5.9

The configure command used as follows
./configure --prefix=/net/tcsnas01/vol/nxqa/qa/local/net-snmp_sol --enable-ipv6
When the configure is running the I see following message on console
Ipv6 stack ... [unknown, no]

For the IPv6 enabled host I have checked that IPv6 support is up and running
using following tools
from another Ipv6 enabled host
1) ping <ipv6 address> (works ok)
2) telnet <ipv6 address> 13 (works ok)
3) netstat -a (shows IPv6 connections between the hosts)

I proceeded with the installation but I do not have support for IPv6 directives
that I need to use in snmpd.conf
The output of command "./snmpd -H" does not shows "rocommunity6 and
rwcommunity6".
Of course any further attempts for starting agent with udp6 yields errors and
none of the snmpget command fetches replies from the agent. IPv6 part is ok
though.

Please provide help/pointers to enable IPv6 support on Solaris 9.

Sincerely,
Rahul K