I try to remove some rows in the ifTable, the loopback
interface and some interface use for internal
communication.

I program the snmpd.conf with these lines:

com2sec sec1 default public
group gp1 v1 sec1
group gp1 v2c sec1
view vn1 included .1
view vn1 excluded ifEntry.1.1 0x3:0xf9

But this only remove the index field of the lo
interface. I found a way by repeating the line with
the second digit incrementing by one:

view vn1 excluded ifEntry.1.1
view vn1 excluded ifEntry.2.1
view vn1 excluded ifEntry.3.1
view vn1 excluded ifEntry.4.1

but we have 22 items in each ifEntry and for interface
to remove.

In the help page you talk about setting the mask to
eliminate stuff, what is the recipe to eliminate from
my view the first for interface of the table?

Thanks,

Dominique

http://mail.yahoo.com