On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 05:31:33PM +0200, Thomas Zenz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated my Server from 5.1.1 to 5.4 my snmp.conf dose not work
> anymore.

I just upgraded a host to 5.4.1.rc3 to test if it is affected by bug
1729562 and ran into the same problem.  We have quite a bit of software
that relies on the output of 'exec', changing everything over to use the
'extend' mib format would take a substantial chunk of labor.

Is there any way to enable exec support in 5.4.1?  While extend may be
"better" what is the reasoning behind removing backwards compatibility?
Wouldn't it be better to leave exec in place so legacy installations can
continue to function?

(Or am I missing something here?)

Jul 19 10:50:17 e snmpd[23532]: /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 69: Error:
ERROR: This output format has been deprecated - Please use the 'extend'
directive instead

:(

--
Kelsey Cummings - [EMAIL PROTECTED]      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way