Hi Dave,

1 - Really sorry, I just pressed reply-to instead of replay-all...just a
little mistake.

2 - UPDATE: I execute #snmpd -Dread_config and it works!. "snmpd" gets
running on the background and responds to snmpwalk queries. I have
succesfully added this server to my Nagios-like monitor (zenoss).

Can't understand why the startup script on Debian does not read the proper
config file at /etc/snmp/...

Regards,

--

*Javier Santiago*