Hi List,

In our installation we have the current problem to get responses to net-snmp
requests:

- On a Solaris9 machine there are 2 network cards fjgi0 and fjgi1 each with a
fysical address, say fjgi0:A and fjgi1:A
- On top of the fysical addresses each network card has its virtual address
that can failover to the other network card in case of failure, say fjgi0:B and
fjgi1:B
- When sending net-snmp request to retrieve OID's from  the system and
attacking to fjgi0:B the answers may come from either fjgi0:B or fjgi1:B
- When receving the response from fjgi0:B net-snmp thinks it is fine and shows
the response.
- However, when receiving a response from fjgi1:B net-snmp does not consider it
an answer.

Question:

Is there a way to configure net-snmp on the client to force using the IP
address of fjgi0:B always?

Please let me know whether there is a solution to this.

Thanks.

Ahora también puedes acceder a tu correo Terra desde el móvil.

Infórmate pinchando aquí.