From: dave.shi...@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shi...@googlemail.com] On Behalf
Of Dave Shield
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:29 AM
To: Joan Landry
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: can not remove netSnmpObjects from mib walk

2009/3/5 Joan Landry <joan.lan...@overturenetworks.com>:
> I did -Dmib_init to get a list of mibs - and I do not see any
> reference to the net-snmp mib listed.

The agent doesn't necessarily implement every MIB as one single lump.
It typically implement a group of objects, which may well be only part of the
relevant MIB file.
   That's certainly the case with the Net-SNMP and UCD-SNMP MIBs.

> Does anyone know how to remove the net-snmp enterprise mib from the
> list of mibs automatically supported by net-snmp?

If you are compiling the agent from scratch, then try

    configure --with-out-mib-modules="ucd_snmp,agent_mibs'

If you're trying to turn things off dynamically (without recompiling the
agent), then you'll need to list the consituent elements individually.
Start by looking at the files
    agent/mibgroup/ucd_snmp.h
and
    agent/mibgroup/agent_mibs.h

and try disabling the various elements listed there.
You may find that you need to check the contents of these header files for
additional modules to be omitted as well.

Alternatively, you could define an access control view to omit the whole
netSnmp (and ucdavis) subtree(s) from the accessible view.
The object would still be implemented, but would simply not be reported.