On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Patrick H. Piper <ppi...@netlinxinc.com>wrote:

> Installed NetSNMP on Windows 2008 Server.
>
> C:\usr\bin>perl -v
>
> This is perl, v5.10.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (with 2 registered
> patches, see perl -V for more detail)
>
> Copyright 1987-2009, Larry Wall
> Binary build 1006 [291086] provided by ActiveState
> http://www.ActiveState.com Built Aug 24 2009 13:48:26
> And Net-SNMP 5.5.
>
> Then I did:
>
> ppm remove NetSNMP to ensure that I removed any previous install. Then ppm
> install NetSNMP.ppd. No errors.
>
> When I attempt to use NetSNMP::agent, I get the following error:
>
> Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for
> "c:\perl\site\lib\auto\netsnmp\agent\AGENT.DLL" contains errors. The
> application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is
> incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail (14001).
> Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
> export function in a delay-load dependent module.

For who has been following this thread: the DLL agent.dll included in the
Net-SNMP 5.5 Windows binaries needs both the *Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1
Redistributable Package* and the *Security update for Microsoft Visual C++
2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package*. See also:

   -

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
   - http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B973552&x=10&y=10

Bart.