        If this is actually cut-n-paste, then the daemon, which should be named
"snmpd", is actually named "./snmpd", and the command `./snmpd`, which
translates to "run the file snmpd in the current working directory" fails
because it cannot find the file named "snmpd".  To run the file named
"./snmpd", try:

/usr/local/sbin # ./\.\/snmpd

...but I don't know.  I can't even seem to create a file with that name!

        HTH,

Mike