I am trying to debug the net-snmp code and would be very appreciative if
someone can point me to where the function resides that takes an
incoming get-next request and determines the correct instance to respond
with from a lexographically perspective of the incoming request.

There is a bug in the code where net-snmp is not responding correctly to
a get-next request where the instance  contains a length, followed by a
name, where the length is > 128. In this case it does not match any of
the entries of the oid requested and should move and respond with the
first entry on the NEXT oid, instead it responds with the first entry of
the requested oid.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - as I have been trying to
find where the code is that determines the next lexographically instance
for a get-next request for over a day.

Thanks