DS> That's exactly the problem that contexts were designed to address.

Quick additional notes to the topic:

1) does the software on host1 allow setting contextEngineIDs instead of
   contextnames?
2) any chance you can get the software provider for host1 to fix their
   v3 implementation so they'll support contextNames?
3) The other way to do it is to have host2 run with multiple IP
   addresses where each one has a separate attached snmpd instance
   attached to just that IP address with specific configuration to proxy
   to the remote address.  This is, unfortunately, very ugly and won't
   scale but it would at least work.

   Whoops...  you could also do it using different ports, which would be
   simpler and I bet your software at least allows you to specify the
   port number?  It'll still won't scale well unless host2 has lots of
   memory.
--
Wes Hardaker
Cobham Analytic Solutions