On 30 December 2012 05:30, Nuno Magalhães <nuno.magalh...@inov.pt> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> So, how do I extend the functionality of an agent in windows (i.e.:
> defining, monitoring and trapping new OID's).

The design of the Net-SNMP agent is such that a MIB module
(as generated by mib2c) can be used in one of three ways:
  - compiled into the main SNMP agent
  - as a dynamically loaded module (i.e. dlmod)
  - as an AgentX subagent

Personally, I tend to feel that compiling the module into the main
agent is the simplest way to get started.   So you could take the
code that you were trying to load dynamically, and compile this
into the main agent directly.
   See the section of the README.win32 file headed
"Microsoft Visual C++ - Extending the Agent" for more details.
    (You could also use this description to omit the MIB modules
     that you're not interested in, which would avoid having to
     disable them using -I-....)