On 31 December 2012 05:10, Jatin Bodarya <jatin.boda...@elitecore.com> wrote:
> I have manually installed NET-SNMP version: 5.7.2.rc1.I have done net-snmp
> packaging for my Linux machine as I want to run it as root mode.

What type of Linux distribution is this?
More specifically, what type of packaging are you trying to create?

If this is a RedHat-like system, and uses RPMs, then you might like
to look at the spec file that we ship as part of the source tarball.
It might need a bit of tweaking to match your specific requirements,
but would seem a sensible starting point.

If you're using a Debian/Ubuntu system, then I believe they use a
different packaging mechanism.   I've been out of the project for a while,
so couldn't really say whether there's anything similar for that.

> My question is Do I need  “agent”  and “perl “ folder in this packaging ?

You basically need anything that is put into place by "make install"
That includes the binaries, shared libraries, etc.

>  Do I need .lo files for responding particular “snmpwalk”?

If I'm remembering correctly, .lo files are part of the *pre*-install
environment, and are used to pick up the real binaries/shared libraries
from their hidden locations when running within the build tree.
When you run "make install", then these temporary files will be
replaced by the final versions.

You must run "make install" (or equivalent) - you cannot simply
copy the .lo files, etc from a build tree, and expect everything to work.

> I have seen  libnetsnmpagent.so , libnetsnmpagent.so.30 ,
> libnetsnmpagent.so.30.0.2 libnetsnmpagent.so.30.0.2T  this kind of series in
> all .so file ... Do I need all these for my packaging ?

Yes - there are the files that you need for a working setup.
Note that 'libnetsnmpagent.so.30.0.2' is the only one of these
that you need to install explicitly - the other files are links to this
one, and will be created automatically as part of the install process.

See the RPM spec file for more details.