Hi. I'm trying to get process monitoring via Net-SNMP (running VERSION
5.6.1) to work on a Windows 2008 R2 host. I have no issues doing this on
a Linux host but on Windows I use the proc command to monitor a few
processes some real and others fake for testing. I have a monitor
command stating the following:

monitor -r 15 -o prNames -o prErrMessage "procTable" prErrorFlag 0 1

However, when I start the Net-SNMP agent with the Windows SNMP agent
running using a different port than the Net-SNMP agent and perform a
snmpwalk of these OIDs I see:

C:\Users\Administrator>snmpwalk -v1 -c public localhost
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.2.1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prIndex.1 = INTEGER: 1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prIndex.2 = INTEGER: 2
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prIndex.3 = INTEGER: 3
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prNames.1 = STRING: notepad.exe
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prNames.2 = STRING: someprocess.exe
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prNames.3 = STRING: wordpad.exe
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prMin.1 = INTEGER: 1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prMin.2 = INTEGER: 1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prMin.3 = INTEGER: 1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prMax.1 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prMax.2 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prMax.3 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prCount.1 = INTEGER: -1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prCount.2 = INTEGER: -1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prCount.3 = INTEGER: -1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrorFlag.1 = INTEGER: noError(0)
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrorFlag.2 = INTEGER: noError(0)
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrorFlag.3 = INTEGER: noError(0)
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrMessage.1 = STRING:
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrMessage.2 = STRING:
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrMessage.3 = STRING:
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrFix.1 = INTEGER: noError(0)
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrFix.2 = INTEGER: noError(0)
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrFix.3 = INTEGER: noError(0)
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrFixCmd.1 = STRING:
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrFixCmd.2 = STRING:
UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrFixCmd.3 = STRING:

In which case, both prCount is indicating an ambiguous Integer value of
-1 for these processes and prErrorFlag is indicating Integer 0 for no
Error when these processes are not running. I know I can access the
Windows Host Resources MIB since I can access the hrSWRunTable MIB
Object and return all information in the Task Manager list of processes.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does the "proc" command not work
correctly on Windows?

CJ