Greetings.

I'm actually running cacti on my network to monitor devices info like CPU
usage, interfaces traffic and more. Sometimes I monitor other devices who
has either a static address associated to them or a FQDN to resolve its
current address. The problem is, I'm going to need to monitor devices who
has dynamic address and no name to resolve it.

The devices are clients internet devices who raise PPPoE connections on a
Mikrotik router, however they receive dynamic address each time they
connect so my SNMP loose track of them every time they disconnect.

I'm thinking on configuring the Mikrotik router to automatically send the
PPPoE statistics so the SNMP so the manager don't need to query the router
to fetch de information. Instead, the information will be sent to the SNMP
Manager to be harvested and only the registered (or pre selected) devices's
info will be plotted and displayed, the rest will be discarted.

Whats the best way to do this?

--
Att.*
***