Please ignore my previous query... This is the latest one.

I have a strange behavior with the subagent. Trying to understand from past 2
months. Solving this issue is very important to me. Please help friends.

My subagent is receiving huge number of continuous snmpget and snmpset requests.

At a certain point I noticed the below observation from the snmp agent log.

                Agent received 4 continuous snmpget requests with var-bind of
20 items in each snmpget request for my subagent. After the agent sends the
packet to subagent, the response is getting delayed for some time. Responses
for first, second and third are received by agent after 2 to 3 timeouts. This
can be the reason as the subagent is receiving huge requests. But for the 4th
request the agent didn't receive any response before 5 timeouts (max retries
count is 5). For this request, in the tcpdump, I can see the response as
"noSuchInstance" for all 20 snmpget requests.

This is repeated 3 times.

Then for some snmpget requests,  I can see "noSuchObject" in the get-response
for these requests in the tcpdump. From the agent log info, I can find the
below information for these snmpget requests.

handler:calling: main handler bulk_to_next
handler:calling: calling handler bulk_to_next for mode GET
handler:returned: handler bulk_to_next returned 0
handler:calling: calling handler null for mode GET
handler:returned: handler null returned 0

At the same time, for a snmpset request, I've seen "notWritable" error in the
response packet in the tcpdump. For this particular packet, I found the below
information in the agent log

agent_set: doing set mode = 0 (SET_RESERVE1)
KTK netsnmp_call_handlers: setting SNMP_ERR_NOTWRITABLE...
agent_set: did set mode = 0, status = 17
agent_set: doing set mode = 4 (SET_FREE)
KTK netsnmp_call_handlers: setting SNMP_ERR_NOTWRITABLE...
agent_set: did set mode = 4, status = 17

My debug statement KTK netsnmp_call_handlers: setting SNMP_ERR_NOTWRITABLE...
is placed in the net-snmp code as below

    case MODE_SET_RESERVE1:
    case MODE_SET_RESERVE2:
    case MODE_SET_ACTION:
    case MODE_SET_COMMIT:
    case MODE_SET_FREE:
    case MODE_SET_UNDO:
        if (!(reginfo->modes & HANDLER_CAN_SET)) {
            for (; requests; requests = requests->next) {
                snmp_log(LOG_INFO, "KTK netsnmp_call_handlers: setting
SNMP_ERR_NOTWRITABLE...\n");
                netsnmp_set_request_error(reqinfo, requests,
                                          SNMP_ERR_NOTWRITABLE);
            }
            return SNMP_ERR_NOERROR;

I am not able to understand this behavior. Anything wrong with my subagent??
Please help me. I am struggling to solve this issue from past 2 months. Please
help me friends.

Best Regards,
Karteek