Hi All,

I was trying net-snmp with dtls support with snmpd running on one system
and manager on another. The USM model worked well. Regarding DTLS i found
this strange behaviour of requests being processed only at times. The
certificate fingerprints are included in the snmpd.conf  as written in the
tutorial. My openssl version shows the following:

OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011
built on: Thu Feb  9 00:57:05 UTC 2012
platform: debian-i386
compiler: cc -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DZLIB -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT
-DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -Wa,--noexecstack -g
-Wall

Is it the problem regarding openssl?? Can you guide me on which parameters
to be checked while receiving and sending requests between manager and
snmpd? The dtls,cert tokens show successful messages while processing. But
when it doesnt process I get the following errors:

dtlsudp: have 148 bytes to send
dtlsudp: received 48 raw bytes on way to dtls
dtlsudp: have 168 bytes to send
dtlsudp: Trying to write 69 of buffered data
dtlsudp: received 1375 raw bytes on way to dtls
tls_x509:verify: Cert:
/C=US/ST=CA/L=Davis/O=Net-SNMP/OU=Development/CN=snmpd_self/emailAddress=
ad...@net-snmp.org
tls_x509:verify:   fp: 64b0d3303f8ff59667577f5a7131c9986fd91456
tls_x509:verify: verify_callback called with: ok=1 ctx=0xbfb7b3f8 depth=0
err=0:ok
tls_x509:verify:   returning the passed in value of 1
dtlsudp: have 1948 bytes to send
dtlsudp: Trying to write 69 of buffered data
tsm: needed to free transport data
dtlsudp: sending 69 bytes
dtlsudp: Trying to write 69 of buffered data
tsm: needed to free transport data
dtlsudp: sending 69 bytes
dtlsudp: Trying to write 138 of buffered data
tsm: needed to free transport data
dtlsudp: sending 69 bytes
dtlsudp: Trying to write 207 of buffered data
tsm: needed to free transport data
dtlsudp: sending 69 bytes
dtlsudp: Trying to write 276 of buffered data
tsm: needed to free transport data
dtlsudp: sending 69 bytes
dtlsudp: Trying to write 345 of buffered data
failed rfc5343 contextEngineID probing
snmpwalk: Timeout (Success)
dtlsudp:close: closing dtlsudp transport 0x9167c28
dtlsudp:close: 414 bytes remain in write_cache
dtlsudp:close: dumping 414 bytes from write_cache
dtlsudp:close: closing SSL socket
tlsbase: Freeing TLS Base data for a session

Thanks,
Dharm