Hi,

The error “too many open files” actually comes from the operating system — it
seems you’re reaching the limit of file descriptors a process may keep open
(some linux distros have that limit set to 1024 by default, which seems to be
your case).

You can increase this number by editing your system’s limit.conf file:
http://linux.die.net/man/5/limits.conf

Please check the documentation of your distro for the proper way to increase
the number of file descriptors.

Cheers
-Eduardo Bragatto