Hello all,

I am currently trying to work with sending received traps into a log file to process via the ELK stack via JSON. All is receiving and processing as expected, but the challenge I'm experiencing is the newline character \n is only being printed at the literal "n" and no new-line is written. If I omit the option to write to a logfile the traps go into /var/log/messages via syslog and each has a newline as expected.

I'm adding the config options to my /etc/sysconfig/snmptrapd

The config and two sample output events are linked here: http://pastie.org/private/mh0cfeanpkyb6lw4cm6ww

I'm tried adding some extra quotes, double escape characters and haven't had any luck. net-snmp is version 5.7.2 on CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511

Does anyone have some tips or items to check?

Thanks so much!

--
Randy Saeks
Network Manager

This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and is the property of the Board of Education of Glencoe School District. It is
intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.
immediately and delete all copies of this message.