ROBERT BOYER <rboyer...@comcast.net> writes:

> My confusion stems mostly from how VACM plays into this configuration.
> From a review of the code, it looks like the proxy has no current
> mechanism to forward along the security related parameters necessary
> for the subagent to properly process VACM-based authorization, but
> maybe I misunderstood something.

Correct, there is no way to pass credentials.  The proxy really takes
over *after* the existing agent's VACM has let the packets through to
the proxy processing engine.  Then it uses the configured credentials to
access the agent beyond it (the one being proxied).  There is no ability
to pass credentials straight through, though you can configure multiple
proxies yourself in a 1:1 mapping using different snmpv3 context names I
think.

--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI