From: Bill Fenner [mailto:fen...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:25 PM
To: Kalenscher, Dan (US Person) <dkale...@harris.com>
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Installing net-snmp-5.7.3 and mib2c on CentOS

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Kalenscher, Dan
<dkale...@harris.com<mailto:dkale...@harris.com>> wrote:
I am working on a server with CentOS 7 and I am building net-snmp agents with
custom MIBs and therefore need mib2c.  The yum repos with my CentOS build only
have:

yum list net-snmp
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
* base: mirror.vtti.vt.edu<http://mirror.vtti.vt.edu>
* centosplus: repos.forethought.net<http://repos.forethought.net>
* extras: repos-lax.psychz.net<http://repos-lax.psychz.net>
* updates: mirror.grid.uchicago.edu<http://mirror.grid.uchicago.edu>
Available Packages
net-snmp.x86_64
                 1:5.7.2-28.el7_4.1
                                     updates

Try "yum search net-snmp" and you may find:

net-snmp-perl.x86_64 : The perl NET-SNMP module and the mib2c tool

I installed this package in a centos7 container and can run mib2c.

  Bill