Hi All,

Can anyone help me answer few queries on using snmptrapd to log the incoming
snmp v3 traps.

1. Is there an alternative way to support/authorize V3 traps apart from adding
the entries in snmptrapd.conf to createuser with engine id, Auth and priv
protocol and passwords.

2. Question above because the snmptrapd process itself is taking huge time to
load if I add create user entries around 25-30k with different/unique engineid.
Is there a way to put optimized/consolidated entries or there is no way and
snmptrapd load time proportionally increases with the entries in conf file?

3. Can we use Snmpusm commands to create usm user rather adding createuser to
snmptrapd.conf file? If so what are the requirements? I guess this is on the
snmp server sending the traps and not receiving but can someone confirm it
please?

To Generalize everything, I want snmptrapd to authorize Lakhs of devices on v3
traps and log it. Any alternatives I was looking to load them with a single
snmptrapd service rather using multiple ones.

Regards,
Kalim