When we restart the snmpd, the agent detects that the snmpd is no longer
running and disconnects, waits 15 seconds and then connects to the snmpd again.
 AgentX master disconnected us, reconnecting in 15

I would like to reduce this time to 5 seconds.

Is this time specifieded in agentXPingInterval  as described here?
http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/man/snmpd.conf.html

However if I add agentXPingInterval 5 to the snmpd.conf file, I get this error:
/var/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 35: Warning: Unknown token:agentXPingInterval.

I found this code in agentx_config.c which leads me to believe that this value
is hardcoded and not set in any configuration file. So changing it requires
editing and recompile of the code.

#ifdef USING_AGENTX_SUBAGENT_MODULE
    /*
     * tokens for master agent
     */
    if (SUB_AGENT == agent_role) {
        /*
         * set up callbacks to initiate master agent pings for this session
         */
        netsnmp_ds_register_config(ASN_INTEGER,
                                netsnmp_ds_get_string(NETSNMP_DS_LIBRARY_ID,
                                   NETSNMP_DS_LIB_APPTYPE),
                                   "agentxPingInterval",
                                   NETSNMP_DS_APPLICATION_ID,
                                   NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_AGENTX_PING_INTERVAL);
        /* ping and/or reconnect by default every 15 seconds */
        netsnmp_ds_set_int(NETSNMP_DS_APPLICATION_ID,
                           NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_AGENTX_PING_INTERVAL, 15);

    }
#endif /* USING_AGENTX_SUBAGENT_MODULE */

Thanks,

Mostafa