On 7/2/19 12:02 AM, Cathal McGlone wrote:
hi there
i have downloaded latest source version (5.8) of net-snmp and built on a Windows 10 platform using latest download of MinGW with msys.
i have also downloaded and installed Activestate Perl 5.26.
It all appears to have built ok and i end up with binaries which work in c:/usr. I would now like to use mib2c tool but have been unable to get perl snmp module built (which I believe is a requirement): I have tried using --with-perl-modules switch in configure script as shown below:
./configure --prefix="$BASEDIR" \
  --with-mibdirs="$BASEDIR/share/snmp/mibs" \
 --with-mib-modules="agentx disman/event-mib winExtDLL examples/data_set "\
        --disable-embedded-perl --with-perl-modules \
 2>&1 | tee configure_1july19.log
but i get the following error message:
/In file included from default_store.xs:6:
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/lib/perl5/5.8/msys/CORE/perl.h:925:13: fatal error: netinet/in.h: No such file or directory
 #   include <netinet/in.h>
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [default_store.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/sources/perl/default_store'
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/perl'
make: *** [perlmodules] Error 1/

I have also tried the following approach:
C:\sources\perl>perl Makefile.PL CAPI=TRUE -NET-SNMP-PATH="c:\usr"
but get the following error:
/Can't locate MakefileSubs.pm in @INC (you may need to install the MakefileSubs module) (@INC contains: C:/Perl64/site/lib C:/Perl64/lib) at Makefile.PL line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 6./
/
/
but MakefileSubs.pm exists in C:\sources\perl

I have also been able to build net-snmp using latest version of Visual Studio Community Edition (2019) however i think i  am running into this issue identified by Bart Van Assche: /Building the Perl modules is only possible if the Net-SNMP and Perl interpreter are built with the same compiler. Since Strawberry Perl and recent versions of ActivePerl have been built with gcc, building the Net-SNMP Perl modules fails when building Net-SNMP with MSVC. You will either need another Perl interpreter or use another compiler to build Net-SNMP./
/
/
My main goal is to be able to use mib2c tool on Win 10 platform.
Any help much appreciated !.

Have you tried to build Net-SNMP without Perl module support? Shouldn't mib2c work even without enabling the Perl modules?

Bart.