Hello,

In the real world when an SNMP Manager setups the USM users, will they
typically define the same user name across multiple systems with the same
authorization and privacy values?

For GETs/Traps, the authoritative engine id is that of the Agent.
Any Agent created user will have GET and Trap ability.

For Informs, the authoritative engine id is that of the Inform receiver.
So the Agent needs to create a user based on the receivers engine id.

On my Agent side software and setup, is it acceptable to setup a local user
and a remote user with the same name (different engine ids) and REQUIRE the
same set of authorization/encryption parameters? Thus 1 set of
authorization parameters can be used for GETs, Traps and Informs.

This would force a User across all engine ids that it exists on to have the
same authorization/encryption parameters.

Basically I am worried that a User that is an Inform Receiver used with
different engine ids will have different authentication/encryption
parameters, which would indicate that my setup is wrong.

Thanks in advance
Larry Hayes