Hi,

I ran into the same problem recently and came up with a workaround. When a
session is closed, I remove the usm user from the user list, preventing it
from messing up my further modifications.

The code is as follows:

void close_session(netsnmp_session *session) {
    // NOTE: remove cached user, otherwise have fun debugging snmp v3
options modification :)
    auto session = this->session_handler_;
    auto user = usm_get_user(session->contextEngineID,
session->contextEngineIDLen, session->securityName);
    if (user) {
        usm_remove_user(user);
    }
    snmp_close(session);