I am no expert, but do deal with creating and deleting SNMP v3 users in my
job.

You may have to use the tool, snmpuser to remove V3 users without
restarting the snmpd daemon.

>From the man page:
" *snmpusm* is an SNMP application that can be used to do simple
maintenance on the users known to an SNMP agent, by manipulating the
agent's User-based Security Module (USM) table. The user needs write access
to the usmUserTable MIB table. This tool can be used to create, delete,
clone, and change the passphrase of users configured on a running SNMP
agent."