I have compiled net-snmp 5.9.1 on a clean system, no previous copy of net-snmp installed.  But the various configuration and systemd unit files are not part of the core sources?  Or information on their correct placement?  Do I assume that snmpd knows how to find say snmpd.conf under /etc/snmp?  How does one know where the snmpd service will look these configuration files or even mibs?

Unfortunately, it appears the package maintainers add a lot to net-snmp installation that compile from source just leaves unqualified that I can see?  Even had trouble finding examples on Google... tons of examples of how to compile code, but basically nothing on how to use it once compiled?  Not very user friendly?

-DD