Using the net-snmp provided tools:

For snmptable itself: the following may be of interest (but probably not,)
however you're still going to get every single line:
http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/man/snmptable.html

*-CB* Do not use GETBULK requests to retrieve data, only GETNEXT. [...]
> *-Cr** REPEATERS* For GETBULK requests, *REPEATERS* specifies the
> max-repeaters value to use. For GETNEXT requests, *REPEATERS* specifies
> the number of entries to retrieve at a time.

 Alternatively, you could use snmpwalk to start in the middle of the table
and tell it to stop when it gets sufficiently far in:
http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/man/snmpwalk.html

*-CE {OID}* End the walk at the specified OID, rather than a simple
> subtree. This can be used to walk a partial subtree, selected columns of a
> table, or even two or more tables within a single command.

But I'm not convinced even that will work for grabbing all columns of a
subset of rows *in one command* -
http://intronetworks.cs.luc.edu/current1/html/netmgmt.html - ยง21.8 (SNMP
Operations), but may be worth trying just in case.

Anything more complicated/different than that, then I think you'll have to
- find something already out there that does what you're after,
- construct multiple snmpwalks across different columns, hoping that.
between the calls. the data doesn't shift indices
- write something more low-level yourself, or
- consider whether you actually need this data, or whether it can be
obtained by some other method (elsewhere under SNMP, or via a different
protocol altogether.)

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 9:44 AM murali v <murali.venugo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I'm trying to fetch a routing table from a Cisco router using
> IP-FORWARDING-MIB  =>  ipCidrRouteTable, which has got tens of lakhs of
> records. using the snmptable command.
>
> using the below command,
>
> snmptable -m +IP-FORWARD-MIB -v2c -c public 192.168.0.1 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.24.4
> -Cf , > routing.csv
>
> Fetching all the records is not required.
>
> Is there a way to fetch only a few thousands of them to analyse using the
> snmptable command. When I try to execute the command, it takes hours and
> finally the process gets killed for some unidentified reason.
>
> Please gimme some inputs regarding this.
>
> Murali V

PJH