Hello All,

I am facing an issue where we want to add SNMP v3 users to the snmptrapd
database without restarting the daemon.

The http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/TUT:snmptrap_SNMPv3 guide shows
examples on how to add the user "statically" to the snmptrapd.conf, however
it's not clear if snmpusm supports managing this database. Some articles
say you have to use the "snmptrapd" context, but I couldn't find examples.

I noticed the "-CE" option got added to snmpusm with this intent, but I
can't locate any example on how to use it either.

I tried creating an initial static user, and then  passing via -CE the
oldEngineID found in /var/lib/snmp/snmptrapd.conf but it never recognizes
the initial user.

Has anyone succeeded in using snmpusm to manage snmptrapd users and can
please share an example ?

thanks in advance