Hi,
My interest in blockchain is something of an attention filter.
It’s like moving house; you have to go through all your stuff
and box up only the things you NEED to bring with you; facebook,
youtube, twitter - get rid of it.

We can simply move completely over to the next web, and as a
consequence reclaim some of the old passion of the early internet.
Time to build again; scout ahead.

Artsmesh (http://artsmesh.com) was always meant to be decentralized,
and we achieved that goal partially - embedding gnuSocial as a repository,
but for the most part keep it focused on LIVE. With blockchain, it’s now “Buy
Live.”

So Artsmesh is ‘banking' on the fact that the 'live event horizon' (NOW) will
become a site of value.
In other words, the closer you are to live/now, the more valuable and trusted
will be the ‘signal.’
Live media acts as another filter, because it's a more skill-intensive space to
command.
With live presence, we share a more direct signal path; there is a relationship
of veridicality, where
no mediating entity can insinuate their non-contractual influence between our
two negotiated presences.

So those are two filters acting on my psyche, blockchain and live. But yet
another filter
seems to be emerging, a strange movement of cutting edge research from academia
to finance! Who would of thunk it? The white papers are exciting and ground
breaking, unlike the quicksand of much of the recent academic discourse in the
arts and tech.

So Artsmesh is currently on the DApp/move:
https://www.stateofthedapps.com/dapps/artsmesh
<https://www.stateofthedapps.com/dapps/artsmesh>

We’ll blockchain our mesh-odology (currently server based), and track peers as
bitcoin/ethereum does,
issue shared IP contracts between musicians and audience at the point of
hitting the broadcast button,
and gradually move to decentralized storage, live CDN carrier, governance of
the Mesh community
and federated intermeshes (because as easily as you can mint your own token,
you will be able to mint your own
blockchain off the Ethereum blockchain) - and as a side effect, we’ll be able
to financially support and credential
expertise outside of the old rusty vessels/institutions.

And what about the new language of fine art - its now finArt!

See you on the mesh.
Ken

Syneme
Central Conservatory of Music,