dear all
thanks for sharing the interview with Marc & Mark - enjoyed it much! and the
snowy look of Furtherfield, just great!
- and as to language confusion, i need to apologize to everyone for having
mistaken
the Futures at Brunel, we are not Virtual, only Creative - and I'm not sure
who's handling the logos these days,  was just trying to share a masterclass
announcement.
My apologies go to Luke Robert Mason and Virtual Futures
(http://virtualfutures.co.uk), they have been doing this for some time.

here the correct announcement:

CREATIVE FUTURES @ BRUNEL

Masterclass no. 2

https://youtu.be/iH3bNDlsN9M

Tuesday, 20 February  2018
17.00 – 21.00
Artaud Theatre, Brunel University, London UK

Constructing Realities: Kinetic Atmospheres – Johannes Birringer

/ Summary /

This masterclass explores performance and media generation through designing
and orchestrating a kinetic atmosphere or augmented environment (with media
output  -video, sound, light, text). The kinetic atmospheres are physically and
sensorially immersive installations in which performers and audiences are
protagonized to move around and interact. Immersive, sonic choreographies imply
a participatory aural architecture, in the theatrical sense of a scenography
that invites, and included. If VR headsets or game-like virtual landscapes are
added – in what is now referred to as “augmented virtuality”  – new,
challenging questions arise about the material affect of moving between real +
virtual spaces. The masterclass also addresses the design of wearables that can
be used in such kinetic atmospheres. Participants will be introduced to various
aspects of such hybrid design, programming and building processes, and can gain
initial hands-on experience in such constructions.

Workshop director Johannes Birringer will be accompanied by DAP-lab
co-director/designer Michèle Danjoux, sonic artist Sara S. Belle,
dancer/researcher (Zhi Xu), and sound technician Graeme Shaw; and VR VIVE
technical team.

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/dap
@DAP_Lab
https://www.facebook.com/johannes.birringer