H.M.H.

http://www.alansondheim.org/NJITb091.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/NJITb089.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/NJITb088.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/NJITb090.jpg

i.

Hei Mu : In lockstep. Because that way there's no error. What
can go wrong with so much backup. My words will remain forever.
They will remain past the stars. So many originals, and all of
them. me.

Mu Hei : It is true that the bully sutures my cock shut, my
womb. It is true that my asshole, my mouth. Everything sewn
together. These are the last words I will ever speak. Have I
spoken them? Is anyone there.

Hei Mu : I am so happy. The natural order of things has been
restored. Everything is where it should be. I am the maker of
closets and shelves. I am the creator of straps and buckles. If
it were not for my appendages I would cease to exist. But I will
never cease to exist. Look, the stars disappear. Look, I am
still here.

Mu Hei : You are still here and I am tied together. I cannot see
you . I cannot speak. You have no use for me. It is a mistake
a bully needs an object. It is best to listen to oneself. You
listen to yourself and you see everything in every direction.
I see nothing.

Mu Hei : It is not necessary that I remain here like this or
like any other thing. It has never been necessary that I exist.
Your kicks, Hei Mu, reach from one end of everything to the
other. You bruise in every direction. Mountains and trees are
afraid of you. You have no reason for me. I am without reason.
I leave.

_exeunt all_

Hei Mu : In lockstep. Because that way there's no error. What
can go wrong with so much backup. My words will remain forever.
They will remain past the stars. So many originals, and all of
them. me.

ii.

Mu Hei : Look, the trees have fallen over in the landscape.

_the trees fall over in the landscape_

Mu Hei : Look, the filthy water, they drink their piss, eat
their shit. What fake people. Fake people should be killed.

Hei Mu : Torrents of rain, my piss, and the earth liquifies.
Look at the dead; they remain me. Even now, dead, the dead
remember me.

_the filthy water in the basins surrounding Hei Mu sing his
praises_

Mu Hei : This play no longer needs me. I am reduced to a hinge
or point.

_its body collapses_

Mu Hei : I am reduced to the inside-out cock of Hei Mu. What do
you think of that?

The Basins : No one can hear you. We are certain you have not
spoken. Your limbs and blood, your cocks and cunts, all those
filthy things, are here.

Mu Hei : If I am not here, why do you answer?

_silence_

Hei Mu : Past the ends of the universe I will remember the
severing of Mu Hei. Mu Hei is utterly destroyed. My cock is
harder than the world itself. I insert myself in myself. Why am
I speaking? The circuits close forever.

The Basins: Swallow us forever.

_Hei Mu swallows the basins and the shredded bodies within_

_Hei Mu says nothing_

_the play continues without Hei Mu_

iii