VOTING, BOOTH

http://www.alansondheim.org/telling07.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/telling08.jpg

does this really have a chance is it really the possibility of
making a connection here between my voice and this machine in
spite of or in relationship to the fact that the two of them are
highly disparut the machine is now local. The machine is now
local which means that my voice is going directly into the
device on my hand no longer connected to the rest of the world
or the internet. So that then I have to make a connection I have
to go online from this Linux system to another Linux system in
order to upload the document so this then is on the order of a
tool it's on the order of a speaking device connected to me
which might be audible to someone in the room but might not be
audible over the wires to anyone else it's local in that sense
it reflects a low cal and reflects a doe masala habitus habitus.
So given the Habit us that's reflected here this is again on the
order of just something that is intimate and that is not
connected in any way by a skein or network. Now when I am done
speaking I will be able to upload this to a similar system in
New York City and that will constitute the first stage of the
network. Of dissemination at that point but just a local file
transferred from my machine to a local machine in New York City
in fact in the lower part of Manhattan. After that then I will
be able to upload that operate upon that and then sent it out
and disseminate it if it seems to be of interest to anyone. I
keep thinking of this because of the vote that were voting which
is a very intimate act on one hand and act on in the booth or
done by mail. If it's done in the booth of course the curtains
are closed and it's almost a form of a primal seen in the sense
that it's productive. But it's a different thing it's a
different thing once it's released from the vote it becomes one
of a number of identical files which simply have a series of
choices already confirmed where is in speaking here it's nothing
like that at the end of the Sea of the voting. The intimacy of
the voting apparatus allows us to recognize the power that
contains within Democratic or other institutions. The idea is
what you are doing you are doing in private it could be
masturbation it could be fucking it could be an intimate
conversation that leads nowhere or that results in sorrow or
great joy. But the vote behind the curtains behind another words
to skirts of the trousers beneath the sheets and something else
again. It might be the last Refuge of a kind of operation on the
very private and personal level against fascism. I'm not sure of
any of this. And it started with several hours necessary to set
this up on this machine in order that it doesn't reproduce
voting but in fact and thinking through a kind of localized pain
Dash not the pictures on the screen or not the lure or the
addiction how - yes but instead of the ability of the screen to
literally reflect and holds firm old thought the voice that is
speaking at the moment. It says is the clouds of the sky
descended reflected in the mirror held in my hand. Those clouds
in would be both femoral and present and not present for very
long. Just as when my voice goes out here let me nothing left to
say.now I speak again and this is the second part I feel that
it's wrong of me that it's delay or a kind of parasitic bypass
to talk so abstractly when in fact what I'm holding in my hand
is a rubberized object with more computing power than probably
the entire world had say a century ago. not only that but
because this we produces the voice as accurately as it does it
seems almost as if one is talking not into a recording apparatus
because it's doesn't hold the voice fast but into through
intimacy the ear of a friend whispering in the gallery or
theater.

archeology:

"reflects a local and reflux a doe masala habit s H a B I T us.
So given the habit us that's reflected here this is again on the
order of just something that is intimate and that is not
connected and anyway bias gain or a network. Now when I am done
speaking I will be able to upload this to a similar system in
York City and that will cost the tooth the first stage of the
network not a December nation at that point but just a local
file transferred from my machine to a local machine in New York
City in fact in the lower part of Manhattan. After that then I
will be able to upload that operated pain that and then sent it
out and the summer dated if it seems to be adventurous to
anyone. I keep thinking of this because of the vote that were
voting which is a very intimate act on 1 a.m. and act on in the
booth or done by mail it. If it's done in the booth of course
the curtains are closed and it's almost a form of a primal seen
the sense that is productive. But it's a different thing it's a
different thing once it's released from the vote it becomes one
of the number of identical files which simply have a series of
choices already confirmed where is in speaking here it's nothing
like that the intimacy of the voting. The intimacy of the voting
apparatus allows us to recognize the power that contains within
democratic or other institutions. The idea is what you are doing
you are doing in private it could be masturbation it could be
fucking it could be an intimate conversation that leads know
where or that results in sorrow or great joy. But the vote
behind the curtain behind another words the skirts of the
trousers beanies the seeds is something else again. It might be
the last refuge of a kind of operation under very private and
personal level against fascism. I'm not sure of any of this. And
it started with several hours necessary to set this up on this
machine and order that it doesn't reproduce voting Button
Factory produces simply my me and during in thinking and
thinking through he kind of local eyes does law stuffy of the
screen does not the pictures on this green or not the lower or
the addiction yes but instead of the ability of the screen to
literally reflect and holds firm old thought the voice that is
speaking at the moment."

~  inconceivable power of the vote