Forum "Paradigm_Shift #3 – Broken Home"

MAY 24-25, 2019=20
GENEVA (SWITZERLAND)=20
2019.mappingfestival.com

The invention of the Internet brought about new social interactions that
changed our lives forever. However, what we are witnessing in the last decade
shows a lack of understanding and responsibility towards our digital rights and
the complex systems that rule our world. How do we want technology and the
‘network’ to function in the next? How can we ensure that the infrastructures
and networks we create don’t end up controlling and censoring us? On the 30th
anniversary of the World Wide Web, the forum reflects on the causes and effects
of the centralisation of power within the internet. This year’s theme ‘Broken
Home’ attempts to make visible the economic model and mechanisms that underpin
our digital ecosystem, and its implications at the economic, socio-cultural,
political and environmental levels.

Forum curated by Carmen Salas

---

friday, may 24
5pm =E2=80=93 6.30pm
unlocking proprietorial systems: for a more expansive artistic practice (=
keynote speech)
with marc garrett

6.30pm =E2=80=93 8pm
e-wasteland (panel)
with benjamin gaulon, luc meier, simon laroche and r=C3=A9gine debatty

---

saturday, may 25
2pm =E2=80=93 3pm
whistleblowing as artistic practice (keynote speech)
with tatiana bazzichelli

3pm =E2=80=93 4pm
the dating brokers (artist talk)
with joana moll

4.15pm =E2=80=93 5.45pm
the future web (panel) (in french)
with nathalie bachand, romain tardy and alexandre monnin / curated in col=
laboration with nicolas nova