Really very over-excited at the prospect of seeing you in London at the ICA
- Alan

It's just sooooo good!
Let's get a posse along :)

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 2:30 AM Alan Sondheim <sondh...@panix.com> wrote:

> ICA Conglomerate 'Somatic Ghosting'
>
> http://www.alansondheim.org/ica5.png
> http://www.alansondheim.org/ica5.rtf
>
> the longer i work on the project/talk for the London ICA, the more
> complex everything becomes; now i'm thinking of 'talking on the
> fly' - moving from image to image, piling on ideas; i have nothing
> definitive to say about any of this; any saying is inadequate, is
> necessarily going to fail. i can't come up with grand schemes or a
> clear organization; it's yet another form of splatter semiotics;
> there's too much to consider, and literally the devil's in the
> details in any case; in the play of images, videos, texts, sounds,
> performances. it's going to be a mess. i move among things like
> Meiji images of Perry, through blizzards, Gray Barker, distorted
> motion capture, treatise signatures by Native Americans with early
> Rhode Islanders, supercollider musics, theory, dance, song,
> codework, and experimental local and online virtual worlds. i'm
> sure to be leaving something out. it's a morass, melange, mess,
> misery, microbiome, murmuration, and mumbling of ideas which are
> always already wrong, futile, nonsensical, as idiotic as the real,
> whatever, whomever, wherever, whenever. so here we are in a history
> that refuses history, that spreads like a frictionless fluid on the
> degree zero debris zero world of nonsense i seem capable of
> generating when i have everything and nothing to say. comments
> welcome, meanwhile i'll look forward to climbing up and down at
> least one of the Thames stairs that reach the river in one of the
> more industrial areas, i hope you'll join me. (it's not that i
> don't like myself, it's that i like you better.)

Lab
+44 (0) 77370 02879

*Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
exhibitions,
labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>

*DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub

decal.is <http://www.decal.is>

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.